Friday, December 20, 2013

Learning Right Up Until the End!

For our last day together, we did personal research projects and began publishing our research in our "I learned/I wonder" books.  Here is a quick video:

Brianna found out that Great White Sharks can grow up to 20 feet.


She wasn't sure how long that was, so she measured it out with rulers.

It was a lot longer than she thought!
Then Ryan found the same fact, but 6 meters was what he heard and what stuck with him.  So we decided to compare the two lengths to see if they were about the same.  They gained some helpers along the way...

 We found out that 20 feet and 6 meters are about the same length.
 Brianna immediately went back and added her new learning to her "I learn/I wonder" book.

 What a great day of research!
However, we did end our day with a little entertainment:

I hope you all have a relaxing and wonderful holiday break!
Stop and leave us a post about what you're doing over break!  If you email me a picture, I will post it on the blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!