Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Day of Literacy

We have been singing the "Good Morning" song each day during our Morning Meeting.  The kids are a bit shy while singing, but throughout the day I have been hearing them humming the catchy tune, and I think singing is growing on them.  Here are the words and maybe you can get your child to sing it to you!
I have been noticing a lot of teamwork among the students. Teamwork always makes me think about the book Swimmy that I enjoyed when I was little.  Enjoy the reading of Swimmy in this video!

 Today our literacy coaches, Mrs. Going & Ms. Bowdin, come in to talk to us about reading every day at home and at school.
They read the book Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes.  I thought the kids might enjoy this video when you look at the blog together as a family:


We had our first reading and writing workshops today, and the kids worked very hard!

What is your favorite book? (Kids & parents can answer!)

4 comments:

  1. Jacob's favorite book is Geronimo Stilton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacob, I love the comic book kind of pictures in Geronimo Stilton! I have some of those books in our classroom. Remind me to help you find them on Monday!

      Delete
  2. Alex's favorite book (of the moment) is Saber-toothed Cats! His mom and little brother's favorite book is The Giving Tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, if you're a reader like me, your favorite books change all the time! Are you going to do some research on saber-toothed cats? I'm sure we have information on them somewhere in our classroom library. Maybe you should look for some of those books in the Hillcrest/LEADS library when we have library on Monday.

      Delete

Comment here!