Thursday, September 19, 2013

Our Creative Side

We explored watercolors today and talked about tips, techniques, and care for using them in our classroom.
When I said we had about 20 minutes to explore, Makenna reminded me that "You cannot rush artists!" So true...
Here is our group of artists:



Here are some paintings done by professional artists who use watercolors:

Southern (Tunisian) Gardens by Paul Klee (1879-1940)
 Klee


Still Life with Watermelon and Pomegranates by Paul Cézanne (1839-1906)
Cezanne

Autumn Flight by Tom Lynch (American)
Lynch

Duval Street by Eliot O'Hara (1890-1969)
O'Hara

Fishing Boats on the beach by Vincent Van Gogh (1853-1890)
Van Gogh


O'Keeffe

Which painting is your favorite?

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love the way the water looks in that one, Alex!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The colors are really neat in that one...like the sunset! My favorite is the Van Gogh one because I like how the colors seem too bright for the scene.

      Delete
  3. O'Keefe because I like all the colors that are in it, I think it is pretty.~~~Maddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will study Georgia O'Keeffe later on this year, Maddy!

      Delete

Comment here!